Put on your thinking caps because this month Easton Out Loud is sending visitors on a scavenger hunt through Downtown Easton. Participating stores will offer shoppers a clue to find a hidden item within the store or around Downtown Easton. Once they find it, they have to snap a selfie with the item and tag both the business they found it in and Easton Out Loud on social media. Whoever snaps the most selfies with the correct treasures will win a prize at the end of the night (to be claimed at the Info Tent).
The fourth Friday series, organized by the Greater Easton Development Partnership and Easton Business Association, runs from 5-9 p.m. and will feature live music, delicious eats, pirates and fire twirlers. Don’t forget – parking at the city’s garages is only $1 for the night, starting at 5 p.m.
- Crawfish boil! Two Rivers Brewing Co.’s second annual crawfish boil will feature a New Orleans-style jazz band. ($20 for a pound of fresh crawfish, kielbasa, potatoes and sweet corn; 6-10 p.m.; 542 Northampton St.)
- Live music! Find Chiptune DJ Crazystairs from 5-9 p.m. at The Game Gallery (315 Northampton St.), Tequila Rose at 8 p.m. at Rivals (5 Lehn’s Court) and Doyle and Woodsmoke at 10 p.m. at Porters’ Pub. (700 Northampton St.)
- Ice cream cake! Snag a $3 slice of Sweet Girlz and Bank Street Creamery’s new ice cream cake at the ice cream shop. (15 S. Bank St.)
- Try the new pie cafe: Check out one of Easton’s newest cafes — Two in Hand Pie Cafe & Milk Bar during Easton Out Loud. They’ll be featured at Common Space, along with live jazz and the Easton Wine Project. (154 Northampton St.)
- Kids’ activities: Book & Puppet Co. will have a pirate puppet show (466 Northampton St.); The Sigal Museum will offer free admission, tours and a kids craft (342 Northampton St.); and Polliwogs & Petunias will offer kids crafts as well. (245 Northampton St.)
- Fire twirling: Connexions will host Whirled Dreams for a performance. (213 Northampton St.)
If you’re headed for Easton Out Loud, bring a few school supplies with you. Suddenly Samantha (140e Northampton St.) will be holding a school supply drive from 5-8 p.m. Friday for local kids in need. Supplies will be collected, then distributed at the No Child Left Behind event on Monday, Aug. 20, at Third Street Alliance.